INTRODUCING THE PRIME SATELLITE
From the moment you feel the weight of the Prime Satellite Speaker, it becomes clear that no satellite speaker has ever offered this level of audiophile design, high-end components and precise build quality. Jets thunder through the sky. Bullets graze your ears. Prime Satellites simply outclass the tiny and tinny surround speakers designed to be more form than performer. Prime Satellites revolutionize surround speakers—in fact, they employ many of the same components as their bigger brothers in the Prime and Ultra lines.
Strategically placed, Prime Satellites create awe-inspiring realism and seamless sonic transitions from front- to-back and side-to-side. When the lights dim and the score fades in, they flood your room with dynamic audio realism and action. Painstakingly voiced and sonically matched, Prime Satellites are designed to blend with SVS towers, bookshelves, or in a system all their own for endless listening possibilities.
SVS DRIVERS: EXTREME PERFORMANCE AND UNCOMPROMISED FIDELITY
Leveraging design and technology from the SVS Ultra family, the Prime Satellite features high-quality drivers and crossover components simply not found anywhere else in this segment:
1” ALUMINUM DOME TWEETER
The 1” Aluminum dome tweeter, which is light, efficient, and rigid, provides high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
We built our groundbreaking new 4.5” bass woofer on an all-new cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket for precise component alignment and an inert frame without resonances or added harmonics. Like all of the other drivers in the Prime family, the polypropylene cone is light and rigid to give a flat frequency response and the SPL necessary to keep up with the other drivers. Like all of the other woofers in the Prime and Ultra series, the 4.5” woofer uses aluminum shorting rings for reduced distortion, and a vented voice coil former to keep the motor assembly cool during high SPL playback. For perfect bass extension the cabinet is rear ported and tuned perfectly for the 4.5” woofer.
SOUNDMATCH CROSSOVER INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED FOR YOUR LISTENING ROOM
Our exclusive SoundMatch crossover sports premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors, and heavy-trace printed circuit boards. All of these high-quality components yield lower distortion, tighter tolerances, better heat dissipation, and all around better sound. The 2-way crossover is uniquely tuned so each driver can blend perfectly each other while offering the best on and off-axis response, while maintaining phase coherency and razor sharp time domain behavior.
- Satellite Loudspeaker
- Black ash, piano gloss black, and piano gloss white finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Keyway bracket for easy and convenient wall mounting (includes extra bumper pads for wall stand-off)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.75" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.85" (H) X 4.9" (W) X 6.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 13.9" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Shipped Dimensions 3 Pack: 11.7" (H) X 20.3" (W) X 8.9" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 6.5 pounds
- Shipped Weight 2 Pack: 14.7 pounds
- Shipped Weight 3 Pack: 21.7 pounds
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
4.5” Midrange Driver:
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response
As of late, I now owned SVS Ultra Bookshelf (pair), Prime Centre, PB 1000, and the latest Prime satellite (pair) and maybe more in the future as budget allows. My knowledge of SVS products only came from YouTube which prompted me to purchased these SVS items through Summit Hifi Toronto (Amir). And I think I'm very satisfied with the performance of these products. It live up to what is advertised, and I enjoyed my music and movies as I never experienced before. Kudos to SVS and to Amir for a more personalized customer service.