The ultimate reference standard for bass, SB16-Ultra features a massive 16” Ultra driver with astonishing 8” edge wound voice coil, a stunningly powerful 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and an innovative subwoofer control and DSP smartphone app with custom presets for precision tuning.
ONE SUBWOOFER TO RULE THEM ALL.
INTRODUCING THE SB16-ULTRA
An unrelenting passion for awesome bass performance and engineering perfection guided every aspect of the SB16-Ultra subwoofer’s design. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve massive output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response. The culmination of all SVS design advancements, SB16-Ultra represents the greatest leap forward in performance and innovation since the inception of subwoofers.
MASSIVE NEW 16” SVS ULTRA DRIVER WITH UNPRECEDENTED 8” EDGE WOUND VOICE COIL.
When designing the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was of utmost importance to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the SB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16” driver is the 8” edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion and pinpoint control at the highest drive levels resulting in incredible output and low frequency extension. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax) and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16” Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
STUNNINGLY POWERFUL, NEW SLEDGE AMPLIFIER WITH FULLY DISCRETE MOSFET OUTPUT AND 1,500 WATTS CONTINUOUS, 5,000+ WATTS PEAK POWER
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the SB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16” driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
Effortless power must be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. To achieve this, the SB16-Ultra subwoofer uses the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
INNOVATIVE NEW SMARTPHONE APP FOR SUBWOOFER DSP AND CONTROL.
Compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms, the innovative SB16-Ultra smartphone app unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The groundbreaking SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way ever to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your favorite seat.
For added convenience, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
ACOUSTICALLY INERT, RIGIDLY BRACED CABINET
A subwoofer capable of creating such extreme levels of sonic energy requires an equally robust cabinet design. The SB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 16" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20" (H) x 19.5" (W) x 20.1" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (w/ grill): 20” H X 19.5” W X 22.9” D
- Shipped Dimensions: 24.9" H X 25.1" W X 30.3" D
- Weight (unboxed): 122 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 145.9 pounds
- SVS 16” Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8” diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (30-200 Hz) 6, 12, 18, or 24 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR).
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
A very nice upgrade and I love the SVS App. The whole purchase experience was second to none with exceptional personal attention provided from time of the order right up to delivery. Bravo!!!
Well built, Looks good and is a solid performer. This sub can hold its own with other comparable performing equipment that cost twice as much.
Got the subwoofer delivered promptly. Great fast service and Aamir provides the best customer service. Very satisfied and plan on shopping here again.
Absolutely love this sub...can play subtly giving some authority to a cello in mellow jazz or picking up some very specific bass guitar movements in some blues. But will absolutely shake the drywall screws out of your walls and cause all your pictures to rattle during movies and hard rock. This thing is musically versatile, soft when it should be but an absolute beast when its called for. This is my 3rd or maybe my 4th purchase from Amir and I keep coming back because of his great customer service and an easy guy to chat with/get advice from.