High-End DAC & Preamp with Analog Stereo Input
The AMG DAC uses dual ESS DACs with discrete Class-A transistors for natural, detailed, and expansive sound stage sound characteristics. With five digital including IIS/DSD and one analog stereo input, RCA stereo, and XLR balanced outputs, and decoding capability of PCM 384K, DSD256, the NuPrime AMG-DAC is a reference-class DAC designed for studio professionals and high-end audiophiles.
In a modern high-end DAC, the preamp stage plays a prominent role in determining the sound quality and characteristics. AMG DAC preamp features the following designs that gives it a natural, relaxed and analog sound:
- Output stage voltage amplification employing all discrete components.
- Output stage current amplification utilizing a high-speed amplifier design.
- “Current transmitter” has no negative feedback amplifier.
As the heart of an audio system, the AMG-DAC supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Dual ESS Technology 32-bit audio DAC ESS9038Q2M independently decode left and right channels improve channel separation and reducing overall noise. The Vishay professional film MELF resistors provide excellent sound quality.
Other notable features:
- Muses 72320 volume control.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where Input signals are up-sampled to megahertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- Extension port for Bluetooth receiver and WiFi audio streamer (optional).
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention.
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method.
- Ultra- low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Asynchronous transfer mode.
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined an USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.
The NuPrime Omnia WR-1, BTR-HD, Stream Mini and Stream Mini DAC wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible this specification. This allow a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- C1: Coaxial input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with a coaxial source.
- O2: Optical input for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any device with an optical source.
- U3: USB input for computer (PC/MAC) and for NAS devices.
- E4: Extension port for Bluetooth or WIFI. (Optional)
- A5: Stereo analog for CD/DVD/BD players, TV and any analog source device.
- HE: IIS/DSD Digital input With HDMI cable to transfer IIS and DSD data from NuPrime source devices. Do not connect to the HDMI output of Set Top Box or BD / DVD player.
Note: AMG-DAC does not guarantee that all NAS devices will operate and be compatible due to wide variety of brands and custom specs.
- 1 x Balance XLR Out
- 1 x Stereo RCA Out
- 1 x TRIGGER out
- RCA unbalanced outputs: 2 Vrms
- XLR balanced outputs: 4 Vrms
- High Low Gain = X2
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB
- S/N ratio > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.05%
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 235 mm x 55 mm x 300 mm
- Weight: 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg)
- Worldwide AC Voltage: 90VAC~130VAC / 210VAC~ 250VAC with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, T2.5A, 250VAC
I2S Pin Definition