Audio Specifications: Pure Class “A” Amp
- Topology: Class A/Class AB
- Numbers of Channel: 2 Channels - (High powered single channel modules): Independent windings for each channel from transformer.
- Power Output: ( Rated Power; THD <0.1% @ 115V (Tested @ AC 115V) - (AC 240V Will Increase the output wattage and maintain the THD<0.1%.)
- 300 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; Two channel driven.
- 500 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.1%; 4 Ohms; one channel driven.
- 320+ watts RMS/channel; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; one channel driven..
- Pure Class “A” Mode 100 Watts at 8 ohms
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad-Band Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 104 kHz +/-3 dB.
- THD + noise: < 0.0016%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
- > 116dB - 120dB; FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 2 Ohms
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 200.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 1.6 V.
- Gain: 29.5 dB.
- Maximum Power Consumption: 1200 watts.
- Power Supply: 110V-240V: 15 Amps - 20 Amps Auto Switching Class A/AB Power Supply.
- Modules: Separate Heatsinks for individual modules.
- Bi-Amp Option Available
- Full balance; holo symmetry; differential input; differential BTL output.
- Each channel is equipped with 8 pairs of HI-FI power transistors
- 60A current output capacity.
- 1200W Toroidal transformer; 180000uF audio filter capacitor
- Intelligent management of switching High/Low voltages ( Auto switch for 115/230V input power)
- Class A/Class AB Auto/Manual switch
- Multiple ways for protection: Overcurrent protection, DC protection, self-excitation protection, & overheat protection
- Standby power consumption: ≤1W
- Material: Aluminum
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Silver
- Dimensions: 17.48 x 16.73 x 8.75 Inches
- Weight: 42kgs / 92.60LB
- Accessories: Power Cable Included
I have been a loyal customer with Summit HiFi for a few years now. I really enjoy trying new gear in my system. So far I have purchased quite a few items, including; SVS prime pinnacles and center, SVS SB4000, and a SB3000 sub, NAD M17v2 processor, Legacy Classic HD, and Silver screen center ch, and 2 Tonewinner AD 5180 5 ch amplifiers so far!! Some pieces I have since sold and upgraded. I use my system mostly for music lately and really enjoy it. But still love watching movies too!
For 2 ch I had a pair of PS Audio M700 Monoblocks, which were great and very much enjoyed them. Aamir always teased me, saying the Tonewinner AD 1PA would be an upgrade. I really like the TW product, I still have the two 5ch amplifiers. A friend, who has a You Tube channel, here in Calgary, has the TW AD 1PA amplifier. We did a comparison between my PS Audios and the AD 1PA. Aamir was not kidding about the AD1PA regarding how good it is!! That was 3 weeks ago. I called Aamir that day, and humbly said "you are right, again!!!" The mono blocks are now gone, and within 4 days I had the TW AD 1PA at my door!
I have about 30 hrs on the TW now. I am very impressed so far! and it just gets better! All my listening has been in Class A. This Amplifier is by far the best I have ever experienced. The 3 dimensional soundstage, instrument separation, layering, imaging.... just fantastic! Live recordings have "Air" and great depth. Highs sound "real" no excessive sharpness or harshness with great detail, vocals sound so natural its amazing! The bass is "Anvil" solid, deep and extremely accurate. I have listened for many hours at a time, had to force myself to stop. This is one serious Amplifier with BIG legs! Has huge power, with finesse of a Surgeon. It will drive any speaker out there. This TW AD 1Pa is truly a high end audio product, build quality, its sonic attributes, and looks truly exceed its price. Even double! I must thank Aamir for his honesty, knowledge, and impeccable customer service and support! Ps, BUY this Amplifier!
I want to start by saying Aamir is just awesome to deal with. I have been a long time customer, and I can be hard to please lol.
The AD1-PA is a world class amplifier at a fraction of the cost. The build quality is impeccable and the internals are well thought out and implemented. The sound is very detailed, nothing out of place, with incredible dynamics and nuance. I have had a lot of equipment come and go through my home, but I feel the AD1-PA's will be a long term stay. I love them even the more the more I use them.
There is also a unique added bonus! These amplifiers have 2 sets of binding posts for the left channel, and 2 sets of binding posts for the right channel. If you like to do A/B comparisons with speakers like I do for my Youtube channel Spec of Tech, then this is incredibly handy. I can switch speakers with the push of a button for quick on the go sound comparisons. No big delay between listening, since we all know our audio memory is incredibly short. Not to mention you can easily switch between Class A power and Class A/B, another really handy tool to see what sounds best with a specific speaker.
Are they worth it? Yes, they sure are and then some. They are worth it for the sound alone, and then you get some unique added bonuses that just add to the value.