NuPrime IDA-8 Integrated Amplifier -100W x 2 (8-Ohm)NuPrime
NUPRIME AUDIO IDA-8
THE NUPRIME IDA-8 HYBRID CLASS A+D DIGITAL INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
The latest advanced digital audio component from NuPrime combines leading edge digital to analog conversion with a statement grade preamplifier and a new hybrid Class A preamplifier with a Class D power amplifier. It is a new type of hybrid integrated amplifier that sounds far superior to anything that came before it. The purity and naturalness of Class A with the efficiency, authority and clarity of Class D. With the NuPrime IDA-8, your music has never sounded better.
The NuPrime IDA-8. An ultra-low noise Class A+D integrated amplifier with DAC and wireless port that offers exceptional sound quality and features.
ULTRA LOW NOISE CLASS A+D INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER WITH DAC AND WIRELESS PORT
The NuPrime IDA-8 consists of an ultra-low-noise integrated amplifier and digital-to-analog converter that decodes USB PCM 384 and DSD 256 with the convenience of wireless audio in a small, handsomely designed home stereo component. NuPrime's new Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies deliver the substance and warmth of Class A amplification and the efficiency and speed of Class D technology in a milieu of un-measurable noise. The IDA-8's spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to be believed. It's an investment that will provide years of musical enjoyment.
SIMPLE. MINIMAL. EFFECTIVE DESIGN.
Inspired by the the expression 'less is more', the IDA-8 from NuPrime is a truly modern audio component. A beautiful chassis finished in either silver or black with only two control knobs and a discrete information display makes it look more sculptural than traditional stereo components of the past. It's discrete and elegant. Refined and sophisticated, while being straightforward and intuitive.
Connect your laptop or computer to the provided USB port and the built-in DAC is ready to accept digital music files stored locally or through the streaming music service of your choice. Tidal, Spotify, Songza, Deezer and others put you in touch with millions of songs. For a high fidelity experience, high resolution downloads from ProStudioMasters, HD Tracks or Pono will recreate the music that the artist created in the studio or at the live event.
Connect a NAS drive to the IDA-8 and your own unique digital library is now at your fingertips. Studio quality master recordings and the convenience of digital playback. Your music has never been more accessible.
For wireless convenience, you can connect an optional bluetooth module and connect your iPhone or iPad music to the IDA-8. For more traditional sources the IDA-8 can accept RCA jacks from your CD, DVD or Blu-ray player.
Connect a pair of speakers with the option of a dedicated subwoofer and the IDA-8 is capable of recreating everything from the deepest bass notes to soaring highs with authority and crystalline purity.
With all stages in one chassis, the IDA-8 avails itself of the shortest possible signal paths in order to facilitate vanishingly low levels of noise and distortion for a black-velvet background to music. The listener’s initial reaction might very well be “I can’t believe my ears!”
The IDA-8’s low noise floor is further complimented by an innovative volume control based on a thin-film resistor design that positions a single resistor in the signal path for each volume setting. Volume changes occur in 99 precise 0.5dB increments for each input’s individually adjustable volume level. Precise level matching is a breeze, as is the user’s ability to make comparisons of music sources.
By utilizing discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM circuit, the signal can be fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The NuPrime amp circuit improves on traditional class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. Most class-D amps switch at 300kHz or lower. In addition, NuPrime’s SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing for ultra-low jitter and distortion rates. Completing the ensemble is NuPrime's new linear power supply with its high-efficiency toroidal transformer for reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance. The damping effect of the NuPrime isolation feet (patent pending) absorbs and cancels vibrations that degrade audio performance. The overall result is unprecedented transient speed and an almost shocking level of dynamic impact.
The IDA-8 achieves Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N) levels of less than 0.005% while achieving a system efficiency of up to 93%. The IDA-8's frequency response to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences; similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights.
The IDA-8's features and specifications have few equals. Just one listen will convince you that the IDA-8’s performance and sophisticated styling are rarely duplicated at any price point.
The end result is that your music is perfectly reproduced and you will hear the music the way your favorite artists recorded it. The NuPrime IDA-8 faithfully recreates the music. It brings you closer to the live event than you have ever experienced before.
PURITY. CLARITY. AUTHORITY. POWER.
The NuPrime IDA-8 delivers the absolute best sound imaginable.
- Ultra-Linear Class A Module (ULCAM) achieves audiophile-quality sound with Class-D’s dynamics, speed and efficiency. Extraordinary result of THD+N lower than 0.0015% and S/N ratio of -130dB.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing with ultra-low jitter and distortion
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*)
- State-of-the-art DAC supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256, that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs
- Analog line-out (Sub Out), with 3X the standard output power, provides impressive lows and a wide sound stage specifically designed for subwoofers
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle and WiFi audio streaming (Bluetooth dongle included)
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Four digital inputs and one stereo input for complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise 0.5dB increments
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources
- Exclusive driver software for Windows
- Standard driver software for Mac
- Asynchronous transfer mode
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum finish
- Includes remote control
- 1 x USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384kHz & DSD up to DSD256 )
- 1 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Bluetooth or WiFi receiver module (optional).
- 1 x Analog Stereo RCA
- 1 x pair of stereo speaker (binding posts) output
- 1 x pair of stereo RCA (6V）
- USB Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 384KHz (Coaxial)
- Maximum Sampling Rate: 32-bits
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- Power output: 100W x 2 (8-Ohm)
- THD+N: 0.005%
- SNR = 95dB
- Peak Output Power: 280w
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 4.3Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VA
BEST INTEGRATED HI-FI AMP FOR UNDER A GRAND!
The quest to find the best hi fi amp for under 1 grand took me months of research, and after reading the few reviews around, I finally opted to buy the Nu-Prime IDA-8 to pair with my Monitor Audio Silver 6 speakers. I am extremely happy with it. This amp is very neutral, in the sense that I didn't find it coloring the music at all, which is great when playing a well engineered recording. I found the IDA-8 delivers best when playing back at volume values of 50% and higher. The stereo imaging is an absolute 10. Even when connected through the bluetooth dongle to my iPhone (the lowest sort of fi I can think of), music came out crystal clear, full bodied and exactly how I imagined it was recorded. Highly recommended.
After spending many hours researching and trying a few integrated amps in the lower price range I realized that I needed something more powerful to drive my KEF-350 bookshelf speakers. Unfortunately powerful meant either a lot more expensive or lesser quality sound at higher volume. I was also hoping for smaller footprint, preferably minimalistic and stylish look and good quality DAC inside. After discussing my situation with Amir at Summit Hi-Fi, he recommended IDA-8. A couple of hours of research later I decided to give it a try. This little beast looks gorgeous and sounds incredible no matter how much you crank up the volume. It instantly made me feel that my setup was now complete and after a few weeks of using it I can't imagine switching to any of the cheaper amps I tried before it. There is only one thing I would've preferred if IDA-8 had and that's automatic reconnection to bluetooth on start. However the bluetooth module is external and I can replace it over time without having to change the amp. Since my music source is my computer I imagine there is also a software solution that can resolve this problem. In any case this issue was too small to affect my overall impression of the amp. Buying it from Summit Hi-Fi was also a flawless experience since Amir was always ready to answer any question or concern I had.
Aamir is doing everything possible to make your purchase an easy and enjoyable transaction. Very helpful and good service. I would recommend Summit Hi-Fi to everyone.
Sounds a lot better than most amps you'll come across around this price or less, however it's not without flaws.
Pros: Dynamic, neutral leaning on bright, small, Bluetooth range is excellent, primary remote control is effective and amp responds well to input from it. Volume is remembered and stored independently for each input.
Cons: Treble can come across as etched at times, front panel controls are glitchy (turning volume up can result in the volume going down, power button is slow to respond, mute stays on without being indicated if the power is turned off when the mute is on), high noise floor regardless of input, USB susceptible to more noise. Speakers will audibly click when turning on the amp.