SVS Ultra Floorstanding Speaker (Each)SVS
INTRODUCING THE ULTRA TOWER
Standing 45" tall with a unique upswept trapezoidal shape and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Tower creates a dramatic visual statement. Premium-grade finishes in piano gloss black and real black oak veneer complement this contemporary design.
But at SVS beauty is never just skin-deep. The Ultra Tower delivers a deep and detailed soundstage with incredible resolution, absolute transparency, and amazingly rich and articulated bass – outperforming other brands costing two and three times their price.
Dramatic Styling Yields Sonic Benefits
The stunning Ultra Tower cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
Each cabinet also employs two separate sealed midrange enclosures to optimize performance and minimize negative interaction between drivers. In addition, the cabinet bracing is FEA-optimized, the cabinet midrange/tweeter baffles are 1" thick and the woofer baffles are an amazing 1.5" thick. This robust construction eliminates structural resonances and ensures the cabinet remains acoustically inert for uncolored response even at the highest drive levels.
SVS DRIVERS EXTREME PERFORMANCE AND UNCOMPROMISED FIDELITY
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Tower driver array features a 1” aluminum dome tweeter, dual 6.5” midrange drivers, and dual 8" horizontally opposed woofers.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
Light, efficient, and rigid, providing high SPL (Sound Pressure Level) with minimal distortion and the sense of utter transparency. It deploys a Finite-Element-Analysis (FEA) optimized diffuser to ensure the tweeter only has the perfect on-axis and off-axis frequency response. That way everyone in your listening room gets the best performance. Likewise, since we share these design traits with both the Prime and Ultra speakers, both product lines can blend well with one another while offering that SVS hallmark ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs.
Dual 6,5” Midrange Drivers
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Dual 8” Woofers
- Long-stroke motor and suspension for low distortion and high output capability
- Heavy duty voice coil for enhanced power handling and thermal management
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
Forcefactor Woofer Array
The unique ForceFactor horizontally-opposed dual woofer configuration results in mechanical force cancellation for reduced distortion and cleaner, tighter bass response.
The ForceFactor array also eliminates cabinet vibration, which could otherwise modulate the mid/high frequencies – so the soundstage is always stable and crystal clear.
Also, since the four woofers all fire in different directions, the acoustical loading and modal density in the listening space is greatly enhanced. No matter where you sit, the bass response will be effortless, smooth and accurate, and free of room-based anomalies.
SOUNDMATCH CROSSOVER INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED FOR YOUR LISTENING ROOM
The unique SoundMatch 3.5-way crossover features a tapered array which supplies each midrange driver with an optimized frequency band. Only the top midrange crosses over to the tweeter, while the bottom midrange is tapered to minimize the potential for off-axis lobing at the critical midrange-to-tweeter crossover frequency. The result is a smoother in-room frequency response and enhanced radiation of total sound power, along with a more generous sweet spot in the vertical axis for a convincing and stable sound stage. Naturally the SoundMatch crossover network also features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission.
- Floor Standing Tower Loudspeaker
- Real black oak veneer and piano gloss black finish options
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- 3.5" wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer screw-in feet - adjustable for level
- Spiked metal screw-in feet included - adjustable for level
- Cabinet Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.5” (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 45.6” (H) x 13.8” (W) x 16.8” (D) (with grille)
- Shipped Dimensions: 50.3" (H) X 21.3" (W) X 22.3" (D)
- Weight Unboxed: 75.4 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 86 pounds
Excellent customer service! If you're looking to buy SVS, look no further than SummitHifi. These towers have exceeded my expectations, the bass output at full range had me checking to see if my sub was still on! They are detailed, transparent and bring a fullness to the soundstage even when crossed over with a sub. The black oak finish also looks very classy!
Wow, not what I expected, these towers rock, with deep articulate powerfully bass, you think you have left your subwoofer on! These towers have absolute transparency, incredible resolution and powerful crisp dynamics. Build quality with the piano finish is awesome, especially with all the trapozod angles. Thanks Amir with another winner!
Obviously uncertain as to buying speakers online. My uncertainty was unfounded as the Ultra's are everything they say they are. Very happy with the performance and appearance of the speakers. The shipping was fast and delivery was easily scheduled.