SVS Ultra Center SpeakerSVS
INTRODUCING THE ULTRA CENTER
SVS ULTRA CENTER - THE FOUNDATION FOR HIGH-END HOME THEATERS
The Ultra Center anchors the front stage and immerses the listener in the cinema experience, effortlessly handling the most complex and dialogue-intensive scenes with stunning realism, room-filling presence and outstanding vocal reproduction and dialogue intelligibility. Available in premium-grade piano gloss black and real black oak veneer finishes and handsomely styled with a swept back profile and striking edge treatments, the Ultra Center will complement any high-end home theater.
DRAMATIC STYLING YIELDS SONIC BENEFITS
The Ultra Center cabinet design yields numerous sonic benefits. The non-parallel cabinet panels reduce standing waves within the cabinet, effectively eliminating frequency response coloration. The wedge-shaped front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response. Even the grille design is FEA-optimized to maximize acoustic transparency.
SVS DRIVERS EXTREME PERFORMANCE AND UNCOMPROMISED FIDELITY
The proprietary SVS drivers utilize the finest materials and design features to ensure the highest sound quality and performance. The Ultra Center driver array features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter, a 4" midrange driver, and dual 6.5" woofers. The vertically aligned tweeter and midrange improves horizontal axis polar response, with reduced lobing and comb filtering for a smooth frequency response and excellent dialogue intelligibility at all listening positions.
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter
- Utilizes an FEA-optimized diffuser which delivers a very open ‘airy’ presentation and extremely unveiled highs
- Delivers a sound stage so pure and free of artifacts that you'll swear the performers are in the room
4” Midrange Drivers
- Composite glass-fiber cone with excellent stiffness/mass ratio which improves sensitivity and maintains pistonic behavior well beyond the pass-band of the driver.
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels.
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response.
- Cast aluminum basket to ensure precise alignment of critical components and enhance heat-sinking capacity.
Delivers amazing dialogue clarity and detail with powerful and room-filling presence and projection:
- Long-stroke motor and suspension for low distortion and high output capability
- Heavy duty voice coil for enhanced power handling and thermal management
- Vented voice coil former to minimize air compression artifacts at high drive levels
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and improve high frequency response
INTELLIGENTLY DESIGNED FOR YOUR LISTENING ROOM
The SoundMatch 3-way crossover features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission. Careful selection of the crossover frequency and slopes results in a smooth off-axis polar response, outstanding phase coherency and a stable sound stage. Naturally the SoundMatch crossover network also features premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards to ensure pure signal transmission.
- Center Channel Loudspeaker
- Real black oak veneer and piano gloss black finish options
- Dual gold-plated 5-way binding posts
- Dual 1.7" wide-flared rear-firing ports
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 8.2” (H) x 22" (W) x 10.6” (D) (without grille)
- Overall Dimensions: 8.2” (H) x 22” (W) x 10.9” (D) (with grille)
- Shipped Dimensions: 14" (H) x 27" (W) x 15" (D)
- Weight: 31 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 35 pounds