HPA-9 was derived from NuPrime DAC-10H, which won The Absolute Sound Product Of The Year 2015 award. The headphone amp of DAC-10H was compared to high-end standalone headphone amp costing as much as $3000. Today’s best headphones can cost as much as a high-end DAC. Their owners demand a headphone amp that fully exploits their potential. High resolution DAC chips are starting to be incorporated into smart phones and that would further drive the need for high performance headphone amp that can be used with a wide range of in-ear and over-ear headphones. Phono input is included for vinyl enthusiast.
- Single End JFET input stage circuitry design provides the very good second harmonics. And provide high input impedance and ultra low input bias currents. As well as high S/R.
- Non feedback output stage design provides low Temporal Distortion and natural sound.
- Pure Class A headphone amp design.
- Phono (RIAA) input module: Internal setting to MM or MC.
- Supporting up to 3 headphones simultaneously.
- Maximum headphone impedance support range from 8 ohm and up to 1K ohm. Although many headphones state that the nominal impedance is at 300 Ohms, however, during some frequency (100Hz for instance) the peak impedance is actually at around 700 ~ 800 ohm. The HPA-9 does not have such limitation.
- DC offset protection.
- 1 x Phono Stage
- 2x Analog Stereo RCA
- 1 x 3.5mm earphone out
- 2 x 6.3mm headphones out
- 2 x pair of stereo RCA out
- THD+N: < -110 dB (1 kHz / maximum gain)
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz to 200KHz (-3dB)
- Dimensions: (W x H x D): 235 mm x 55 mm x 281 mm
- Weight: 5.5 pounds ( 2.5kg )
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, T1A, 250VAC