Reference Class DAC With Balanced 4.4mm & 6.3mm Headphone Outputs Designed For Headphone Enthusiasts
With its IIS/DSD and XLR outputs and decoding capability of PCM 384K & DSD256, the NuPrime Alita is a reference-class DAC designed for studio professionals. With four digital and one analog stereo inputs, the Alita is a full-featured DAC and preamp ideally suited for high-end systems.The balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and 6.3mm standard stereo headphone outputs support Single Ended Unbalanced,Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving headphone amplifier.
High Power World-Class Balanced Headphone Amplifier
The Alita headphone amplifier derives from the NuPrime 10 Series and is capable of driving the most demanding headphones, be it through the balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket or the 6.3mm standard stereo socket. The ‘Pentaconn’ socket (manufactured by Nippon Dics Co.) is the new unified standard for balanced headphone connection which headphone and cable manufacturers are using in their new and future products. Audiophile quality components and a fully balanced layout ensures minimal crosstalk and maximum channel separation. Supplying up to 1.2W of output power, the circuitry supports Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving. Besides offering a high level of transparency through both types of connection, each offers a slightly different flavor.
Through the 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket balanced output, listeners will appreciate the pristine background with the absence of noise. The soundstage is wide and possess a strong presence with a full and extended bass.
Through the 6.3mm socket output, the sound is clearly outlined and has a sense of naturalness. The midrange performance is a prominent highlight and imaging is solidly focused.
As the heart of an audio system, the Alita supports an extensive number of inputs and formats. Utilizing one of the world’s best performing 32-bit audio DACs, the AK4493, EQ is only a first step for designing the ultimate DAC. State-of-the-art solutions, readily available to all vendors, along with the experience and proprietary know-how in creating many Editor’s Choice and Product of The Year award-winning products elevate the NuPrime Alita well above the competition.
The AC hum is kept to a minimum by using a low noise power supply with antivibration treatment. The rest of the onboard power circuit is designed to minimize noise as well.
Several notable features:
- Balanced 4.4mm ‘Pentaconn’ socket and 6.3mm standard stereo headphone outputs support.
- Single Ended Unbalanced, Fully Balanced and Active Balanced Ground Driving.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing where Input signals are up-sampled to mega hertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- AKM Newest Generation: High Sound Quality Premium 32-bit Stereo DAC (AK4493 EQ). State-of-the-art DAC with warmer sonic characteristics, supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256.
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs (to support NuPrime Omnia portable device that are able to output DoP stream in addition to S/PDIF).
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*)
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle and WiFi audio streaming (optional)
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Five digital inputs and one stereo input for complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method.
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise 0.5dB increments
- Advanced, FPGA implemented thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows. Standard driver software for Mac
- Asynchronous transfer mode
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Available in grey anodized aluminum finish
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined an USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.
The NuPrime Omnia WR-1, NuPrime Bluetooth dongle BTR-8 and D-Stream Audio Primo HD (24-bit/192kHz) wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible this specification. This allow a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- 1 x USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384kHz & DSD up to DSD256 )
- 1 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Bluetooth or WiFi receiver module (optional).
- 1 x IIS/DSD HDMI connector (PCM 768KHz/32Bit and DSD 256 data streams)
- 1 x Analog Stereo RCA
- 1 x 6.3mm standard stereo socket headphone out
- Output power: 1700 mW, 32 ohms, <0.01% THD (watts per channel).
- Output power: 135 mW, 600 ohms, <0.005% THD (watts per channel).
- 1 x MMCX 4.4mm “Pentaconn” balanced headphone out
- Output power: 1700 mW, 32 ohms, <0.01% THD (watts per channel)
- Output power: 135 mW, 600 ohms, <0.005% THD (watts per channel)
- 1 x pair of stereo RCA out (max output 4V)
- 1 x pair of stereo XLR balanced out (max output 8V)
- 1 x Optical S/DPIF out (PCM up to 192KHz supporting DoP format DSD64)
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB
- SNR: > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.0005%
- Dimensions: 235 mm W x 281 mm D x 55 mm H (including feet)
- Weight: 2.5Kg
- Worldwide AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 2.5A, 250VA
Note : Alita does not guarantee that all IIS/DSD source will operate and be compatible due to wide variety of brands and custom specs.