The AD-5180 is the perfect amplifier to form the basis of a truly superb 5.1 channel surround sound or two channel audiophile stereo listening.
The AD-5180 has it all: enough power to drive any speaker cleanly and effortlessly, incredible clarity and detail, vanishingly low noise and distortion, and good looks with beautiful blue LED Lights on the front panel and analogue blue lighted meter with red needle. Our new AD-5180 carries cutting edge design, a massively over-designed power supply and output stages. We used high quality parts and construction throughout, to provide incredibly excellent sound quality, and exceptional value for our friends.
The new AD-5180 delivers 180 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 300 watts per channel into 4 ohms. All channels driven, at less than 0.1% THD+N. It is absolutely stable into virtually every real-world speaker load. You'll ever encounter, and will never allow the slightest hint of strain or harshness to intrude on your musical experience.
The AD-5180 is an audiophile-grade power amplifier that provides five channels of superb quality audio amplification. The AD-5180 features our fully discrete, high-current, short signal path class A/B output section, and all of the advanced engineering and high quality construction you've come to expect from Summit HiFi & ToneWinner product line. The new AD-5180 includes all of the cutting-edge engineering and exceptional audiophile sound.
Features offered by the AD-5180 Amplifier:
- True audiophile-quality sound - the AD-5180 was designed first and foremost to sound superb in both music and home theatre systems.
- Great sounding Class A/B topology and advanced engineering - ensure smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging while maintaining efficient performance.
- Heavy duty power supply with oversized toroidal transformer - provides plenty of real power for demanding program material, and has plenty of reserves to deliver signal peaks without any sense of strain.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout - promise years of reliable service.
- Totally stable - designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- New styling - Front panel Consist of analogue meter and LEDs light on L/R side of the amplifier.
- Toggle switch - lets you disable the LEDs for discreet operation.
- Heavy steel 4RU chassis with milled aluminum face plate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Gold plated five-way speaker binding posts with clear shields - allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors - provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio interconnects.
- Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs - independently controlled by high-reliability metal toggle switches to ensure long service life.
- Remote trigger input and output - allow the AD-5180 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection - entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- Universal AC line voltage operation - 115 VAC or 230 VAC (with automatic detection and switching).
- Standard IEC power inlet - fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Fully transferable 2 - year warranty and Trade-In Program - ensures that you'll be able to enjoy your AD-5180 for years to come
Fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B.
Number of Channels:
Power Output (rated power; THD < .1%):
180 watts per channel; into 8 Ohms.
300 watts per channel; into 4 Ohms.
Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load):
20 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.075 dB.
Minimum Recommended Load Impedance:
4 Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
10 Hz to 60 kHz (+1/-3db).
THD + noise:
< 0.0008%. ( 1khz, normal working condition
Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
> 112dB at rated power (A-weighted).
Damping Factor (8 Ohm load):
Speaker Output Connections:
Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
Twelve 10000uF/80V Capacitors for power storage
Massive 1200W heavy duty toroidal transformer
Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load):
Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each per channel, independently selectable.
33 kohms (balanced).
23.5 kohms (unbalanced).
Trigger Input: 5 - 20 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 100 mA.
115 VAC or 230 VAC +/- 10% @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected and switched).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators:
Standby; push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
Status Panel LEDs; L/R blue lights & analogue lighted meter.
Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls:
AC Power switch; rocker switch (switches AC main power).
Status LEDs switch; disables front panel Status LEDs and analogue meter
Input selector switches (one per channel); metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
The AD-5180 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections,
ground faults, and other common fault conditions
17" wide x 7.75" high x 19" deep; unboxed (includes feet and binding posts).
23-1/2" wide x 12" high x 24-3/4" deep (boxed).
72.75 pounds unboxed (81.5 pounds boxed).
Warranty: 2 years warranty is included
Customer is responsible for shipping defective unit to our repair centre and than Summit Hi-Fi will pay for return shipping from repair centre.
I am writing this review so others can have an idea what this "unheard of amplifier" is all about. I took a chance. Aamir highly recommended it. Very very impressive! The AD 5180 is really a "WINNER" :-) Build quality is outstanding, fit and finish, flawless. On receiving the AD 5180, before connecting it in my system, I took it to my (old) go to HiFi store in Calgary. A small high end shop. My friend was skeptic, and unsure, so we connected the Tonewinner AD 5180 into a decent system. A $5.5K Anthem STR Amplifier, very nice! (200w x 2, close to the same power), paired with Paradigm Prestige 75F tower speakers that was set up. Played a few hi res tracks we both know very well, impressive! Then we connected the tonewinner AD 5180 using the Anthem STR pre outs, It woke up the Paradigms with authority and finesse! The sound had better body and dynamics over all in comparison. That impressed us as the Anthem is over 4 times the price and the AD 5180 was as good as, if not better. Ok, good, ....NOT. We paired it with a 7 yr old Yamaha 2 channel Amplifier that was preowned, same speakers, same tracks, same volume to keep things equal. Holy @#%!!! We both were blown away. I had every hair on my body stand up! (my friend also) A wow moment. The soundstage was incredible. Drums, cymbal hits, bass, vocals were something to behold. Cleanest amp I have ever heard. Zero noise, zero distortion at out listening level (-18) Its not easy to impress a Audiophile who has also been in the Audio Hi Fi biz for 30+ yrs, me either! Hats off to the AD 5180!!
Aamir has his finger on a incredible product line. Not only is it a 2 channel high end beast, now I have it in my HT system!!. SVS Prime Pinnacles, Prime center, SVS SB4000 sub, all from Summit Hi Fi. Nad T758 7 ch AV Reciever (pre amp now) Paradigm Monitor SE 6000F towers as surrounds, Definitive tech bipolar rears Sony X800M2 4k Blue Ray. After some set up, No room correction, fired up my go to demo Mad Max Fury Road 4k was my first movie. I was again very impressed. The dynamics, clarity, detail and soundstage this amplifier provides is no joke. Not the slightest hint of distortion, or it ever running out of chest pounding power. It will blow away any AV receiver on the market hands down. (checked for gunshot wounds after John Wick 3!!) I drove it hard until my ears gave out. Class A/B amps run quite hot, but with the AD 5180 I could still place my hand on top of the amplifier!
The AD 5180 I would say is a fairly neutral amplifier. Pair it with different gear and it will reproduce the sonic signature with pinpoint accuracy, plenty of clean ultra low distortion power to drive ANY speaker set up. The spec's as far as I can tell are there. In conclusion, the Tonewinner AD 5180 is an incredible value, build quality, great looks, and solid high end performance. Thank you Aamir!
First of all I want to say Amir is a pleasure to deal with! My amp is great use it with my Anthem mrx1120 avr in my open space living room, it gives me way more headroom , will be using it with my kareoki and movies and tv, yes I am a AV junkie! And yes will buy more! I also got another pair of Svs elovations for my other theater , as I have 7 systems in house, also one on my roofdeck in the summer! Great amps ,
Came fast!, and great price and service! Thanks again Amir, and yes my group on Facebook , knows all about you!